Lloyds TSB Scotland plc
Lloyds TSB Scotland plc is a subsidiary of Lloyds TSB Group plc. Operating as a separate legal entity, Lloyds TSB Scotland is the only clearing bank focused exclusively on the Scottish market. The organisation offers a comprehensive range of retail banking services through 185 branches across Scotland, with the wholesale business rapidly growing its presence throughout the country. With 2200 employees, Lloyds TSB Scotland are one of the big four banks in the highly competitive Scottish financial industry, and continue to show strong year-on-year growth.
Lloyds TSB recognise that they have a responsibility to support those communities that they serve as a business. They use their business expertise and resources, and encourage their staff, to help benefit local communities. Focusing on supporting those communities facing challenges, where the skills and abilities within Lloyds TSB Scotland can bring long-term sustainable benefits. They find this works best when they work in partnership with other entities, ranging from the public and charitable sectors to other companies.
They have chosen three main areas for their community involvement:
- Education - Lloyds TSB works in partnership with educational bodies to help create opportunities for young people and adults.
- Economic and social regeneration -They help to encourage economic and social regeneration by developing new forms of community-based financial initiatives, providing access to finance for small businesses and encouraging enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Charitable support for communities - This support is provided through the work of the four independent Lloyds TSB Foundations and their staff involvement in local communities. They support charities through their charity of the year and through counter appeals.
Over £55 million has been granted to hundreds of charities of varying sizes all aiding, supporting and nurturing their respective communities.
In 1985, the Trustee Savings Bank Group chose to set up four independent, autonomous charitable trusts (Scotland, England & Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands) to distribute 1% of pre-tax profits according to the spirit and principles of Henry Duncan.
In 1995, the merger between TSB Group and Lloyds Bank significantly increased the Foundation’s income. To date, Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland has received over £69 million from Lloyds TSB Group plc, and this money has improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people across Scotland and, more recently, overseas through Scottish Charities working abroad.
The Foundation is now the largest independent Scottish grant-making trust, working to support hundreds of Scotland’s charities each year. It has always supported local community groups and grassroots charities, and is dedicated to being approachable and working with the voluntary sector to ensure the continued relevance of its funding program’s.
- Customer loyalty increased
- Enhanced reputation
- Goodwill generated among a wide variety of stakeholders, including staff, customers and the media
- Their policy provides a framework to co-ordinate Group-wide community activity and maximises both the return on the Group’s investment and their impact on society
- Financial support for the community
- New opportunities created for adults and young people