ARAMARK Limited is a food service partner to organisations across a range of sectors, including business and industry, education, healthcare, offshore and defence.
They have over 12,500 employees in the UK, who provide a vast range of services to customers. Deliver tailor-made food service and refreshment solutions, including business dining, employee restaurants, retail facilities and coffee outlets throughout the UK.
The company has offered a number of placement opportunities for job seekers on the Scottish Business in the Community Ready for Work programme, supporting people who have previously had drug, alcohol, offending or homelessness issues. Over the two-week work experience placements the individuals are paired with employee buddies who help the new starts integrate into the workplace.
ARAMARK Limited believes that corporate responsibility is at the heart of delivering business and improving the work experience for employees. The Ready for Work programme offers new recruitment channels and demonstrates the company’s commitment to the community.
- A new channel of recruitment has been established – one in five of the Ready for Work programme participants have been offered permanent work at ARAMARK Limited
- It raised the reputation of the company with employees, suppliers, customers, the media and the community
- Employees developed new skills
- Employees participated in the buddy training session provided by Scottish Business in the Community
- Staff were proud of the company’s commitment to offering disadvantaged people an opportunity to gain work experience
- Community benefits
- 20% of participants who have previously had drug, alcohol, offending or homelessness issues have been offered permanent employment with ARAMARK Limited
- The company’s public commitment to contributing to the employability agenda has been welcomed by the community