Solicitors Anderson Strathern was founded in 1992, following the merger of two long established Edinburgh firms, J & F Anderson and Strathern & Blair. With offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Haddington and Currie they currently employ around 250 staff including, 48 partners, 22 accredited specialists and seven solicitor advocates.
Anderson Strathern works with Scottish Business in the Community to deliver a Youth Education programme which supports schools pupils with their reading and social skills.
They are also involved in the Scottish Business in the Community Ready for Work programme - supporting people who have previously had drug, alcohol, offending or homelessness issues. Helping these individuals to build confidence and develop employability skills through CV writing and mock interviews.
The company partakes in the programme to get involved in the community and to develop staff skills.
- Harnessing staff potential
- The activities develop team relationships between colleagues who would never normally work together
- To give employees the satisfaction at being involved in not-profit-driven projects which contribute to the community
- Raises awareness of the firm in a positive manner
- The activities assist the company in Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for new business tender opportunities
- People who have previously had drug, alcohol, offending or homelessness issues built their confidence and developed employability skills
- The reading and social skills of the school pupils improved